Our transit bus simulator is designed to promote an effective end-to-end training platform for both new hire candidates and veteran bus drivers.
The TransitSim™ Bus Simulator offers a flexible platform for training fixed route bus operators to learn basic skill development, situation awareness, decision-making, judgment training, and vehicle operations. Bus simulators enable trainers to supplement behind-the-wheel training to promote the safe and efficient operation of a standard fixed route transit bus.
The TransitSim™ driving simulator features fully operational passenger doors, an industry-leading field-of-view, adjustable pillar columns to replicate temporary blockages, configurable dash layouts to accommodate fleet diversity and physical mirrors to promote effective leaning technique.
Students are introduced and challenged on various transit operator skills including references to pivot point, push-pull steering, momentary floor-mounted turn signals (now known as ‘directionals’), leaning technique, and other aspects of operating a fixed route bus. These skills will likely be foreign concepts to the new hire candidate, yet they must be learned and mastered during the early stages of the training process. This process challenges each student operator to learn a core set of skills, behaviors, and techniques that will enable them to operate the bus—safely and effectively.
TransitSim™ Bus Driving Simulator BenefitsTransit simulation training allows practice of critical decision-making skills and reinforces positive decision making, situation and spacial awareness in a realistic, risk-free environment.
Simulation-based training enhances initial bus operator training, periodic refresher training, and driver assessments allowing you to conduct practical real world training, in different mass transit scenarios and for different road and atmospheric conditions. Simulation based training with L-3 driving simulators reinforces positive decision making, situation and spatial awareness, and promotes mastery of core skills through training in a realistic, risk-free environment with repeatable scenarios. Our experts work directly with your local instructional teams to ensure the desired skills and safe driving behaviors transfer into observable daily habits.
Enhances initial bus driver training, periodic training and driver assessments allowing you to conduct practical real world training, on different terrains and for different road and atmospheric conditions.
Our customers have significantly reduced preventable accidents and the severity of the accidents.
Improve Fuel Efficiency
Lower operational costs through better fuel efficiency. Realize fuel savings through better fuel management training.
Reduces Vehicle Costs
Minimize maintenance and damage to company-owned vehicles. Training on the simulator keeps your vehicles on the road and earning revenue.
Improve Driver Retention
Complete, consistent, objective feedback on performance gives bus and transit operators the skills and confidence to drive more safely and more efficiently.
Flexible Delivery Options
Include fixed site installation in a building or fully mobile training unit in a trailer or truck. Trailer options available to outfit in a mobile driver training unit complete with on-site classroom and instructors.
- Enables training on multiple vehicle configurations, regardless of availability of real equipment.
- Improves driver competency and reduces costs associated with vehicle damage.
- By employing simulators for training, vehicles are spared heavy use, require less maintenance and last longer overall.
- Resembles the driver’s area of an actual transit bus, with seat, steering wheel, brake and accelerator pedal, plus simulated gauges in a glass dash.
- Provides practice on using controls; making turns; maneuvering through city and highway traffic, inter- sections, railroad crossings.
- Trainees learn proper mirror setup, utilization techniques and core driving skills in the safety of the classroom.
- Create and define scenarios to simulate the performance characteristics of a wide range of fixed route
- Allows practice of critical decision-making skills in a risk-free environment.
- Realistic driving environments train drivers how to recognize and anticipate hazardous driving situations
- Multiple display and field-of-view arrangements are available (180° standard) with full HD resolution (1920x1080) and refresh rates.
- High refresh and update rates provide smooth image flow during any drive at common speeds, creating a comfortable training environment for transit operators.
- Glass dash in the simulator adds greater flexibility in replicating various types of vehicle gauges.
- The Glass Console allows the instructor control of the simulator via touch screen at the Operators Console (OpCon) and gives operators simple and quick control to change vehicle type.
- Transit operator training environment; seat, steering wheel, brake, clutch and accelerator pedals, enhancing retention and application to the road.
- Ask us about our comprehensive driver training solutions that offer a blended approach to training that combine instructor led, computer-based and simulation-based training to create an immersive training environment that engages the student to learn skills faster and retain them for longer periods of time.
- Users can choose from a variety of predefined delivery fleet vehicle configurations
- Force-loaded steering provides real-time feedback to augment muscle memory in situations such as a tire blowing, hitting the curb or ice on the road.
- Realistic transit fleet vehicle transmission
- Realistic vehicle dynamics including 21 DOF vehicle model