Best-in-class simulation-based training system for commercial truck drivers.
Provides hands-on, experiential training for commercial vehicle drivers, offering experience without risks to people or equipment
The modern, ergonomic design of the TranSim™ driving simulator replicates a commercial vehicle driving compartment.
TranSim™ accurately simulates the vehicle’s physical and functional characteristics. It also adjusts to the size, weight, turning radius, tire and suspension characteristics for each vehicle that it simulates.Watch Demo Request Product Guide
Truck Driving Simulator BenefitsSimulation training allows practice of critical decision-making skills and reinforces positive decision making, situation and spacial awareness in a realistic, risk-free environment.
Enhances initial driver training, periodic training and driver assessments allowing you to conduct practical real world training, on different terrains and for different road and atmospheric conditions.
Our customers have significantly reduced preventable accidents and the severity of the accidents.
Improve Fuel Efficiency
Lower operational costs through better fuel efficiency. Realize fuel savings through better fuel management training.
Reduces Vehicle Costs
Minimize maintenance and damage to company-owned vehicles. Training on the simulator keeps your vehicles on the road and earning revenue.
Improve Driver Retention
Complete, consistent, objective feedback on performance gives drivers the skills and confidence to drive more safely and more efficiently.
Flexible Delivery Options
Include fixed site installation in a building or fully mobile training unit in a trailer or truck. Trailer options available to outfit in a mobile driver training unit complete with on-site classroom and instructors.
The simulators are a safe and cost-effective training tool to get our equipment operators thinking about the upcoming winter season [and] give our new operators hands-on experience that they otherwise wouldn’t get until the snow is on the ground.”
Has the training been beneficial? With regard to operator safety, I can tell you that this winter DPW has logged about 34,000 hours in the snow program, probably 90 percent of it driver time, and we haven’t had a single reported accident since the training.
I have not had one truck in the shop for transmission repair since 2006. We used to have a lot of transmission repairs from teaching people how to shift the gears out on the training runway. Now that students learn to shift on a simulator first, we don’t have them grinding gears and tearing up transmissions.
Our analysis indicated that those drivers in Salt Lake City with the lowest pre-training fuel efficiency benefited most from training, with over 7% improvement in fuel efficiency.
This training tool is receiving nothing but 5 stars for its benefits.
- High resolution visual display system with 4K-Ready LED LCD displays
- A sharp and visually accurate 180° field-of-view creates an immersive driving environment
- State-of-the-art simulation software delivers sharp visuals to enhance learning objectives.
- Enhanced graphics engine capability enables population of more vehicles and objects per scenario.
- Users can choose from a variety of predefined vehicle configurations using different combinations of tractor, trailer, engine, transmission, axle, etc.
- Force-loaded steering provides real-time feedback to augment muscle memory in situations such as a tire blowing, hitting the curb or sloshing liquid loads.
- Multi-geared transmission provides economical shifting instruction that reduces equipment wear and tear.
- SmartNode II force loaded steering coupled with advanced vehicle dynamics that have been validated against OEM test track performance data provides real-time feedback to the driver.
- Commercial vehicle cab creates a realistic learning environment that includes a driving seat, steering wheel, brake, clutch and accelerator pedals to enhance realism and achieve better retention.
- Realistic commercial vehicle transmission
- Realistic vehicle dynamics including 21 DOF vehicle model