Prevent the main causes of fatalities & injuries in the solid waste industry. Train your waste management service drivers safely and effectively.
Quickly create your own waste removal simulations, with no computer programming experience needed. Customize your scenarios with city, country and suburban streets; daytime and nighttime conditions; and surprise hazards. Train garbage truck drivers for any situation as you build their road awareness and skills. Add challenges instantly to test any experience level. It’s made possible with TranSim simulator technology from L3: The first driving simulator to run software specifically tailored for garbage truck drivers. L3Harris Driver delivers the most advanced training available – 365 days of the year. Either purchase a simulator or sign up for L3's mobile training, where sim and trainer come to you.
Research Proves: Better trained garbage truck drivers drive down costs
Studies by the Universities of Utah, Iowa and Arizona (in conjunction with the Utah DOT, Iowa DOT and Arizona DOT) show that drivers who receive L3Harris Driver simulator training have:
- Reduced accidents
- Reduced cost of accidents
- Higher fuel efficiency
- Reduced training time
They achieved these improvements, regardless of their years of experience. It also enabled them to select better recruits. Simulation training also:
- Reduces companies’ insurance costs by reducing their liability exposure. (Simulator-trained drivers can sometimes qualify for personal insurance discounts, as high as 10 to 15%. Ask your insurance agent.)
- Reduces capital investment for vehicles. By employing simulators for training, vehicles are spared heavy use, require less maintenance and last longer overall.
Designed for realism, responsiveness and results.
Tactical vehicle-like training environment: seat, steering wheel, brake, and accelerator pedals enhance retention and application to the road. Immediate, detailed performance feedback through six tightly synchronized replay views, including 2D and 3D. Force-loaded steering provides real-time feedback to augment muscle memory in situations such as tire blow-out or collisions. Add layers of difficulty to accommodate any experience level. Easily reproduce and rehearse unique driving situations.
Train Operators on challenges including:
- Backing–causes 25% of all accidents
- Struck by other vehicles
- Falls Off Truck–caused by riding/speed error
- Lifting/Pushing–caused by heavy/bulky trash
- Tipovers–caused by speed error/seatbelt issues
- Crushing–caused by container
- Struck By–landfill equipment or truck
- Backing procedures
- Space management
- Speed management
- Hazard avoidance
- Emergency maneuvers
Configurations & Specs
- Height: 83 inches (2.11 meters)
- Width: 119 inches (2.94 meters)
- Depth: 63 inches (1.7 meters)
- Weight: 1200 pounds (544 Kg)
- Simulator Power Requirements: 60 Hz, 20-amp, 115vac
- OpCon Power Requirements: 60 Hz, 15-amp, 115vac
- Minimum Room Size: 10’ x 10’ x 8H